NEHGS Summer Institute for Advanced Researchers: Developing a Genealogical Study Project
July 18 - July 21, 2018
You've been researching your family history for years and are most likely the foremost expert on certain families, communities, or surnames. Make a lasting contribution to genealogical scholarship and turn your compiled notes into a study project that will assist researchers for generations to come! During this immersive four-day program, members of the NEHGS research staff, the team behind AmericanAncestors.org, and NEHGS study project directors will help you develop a study project—whether a surname study, area study, or a record study—from scope to published scholarship.
- One-on-one consultations with expert researchers, authors, and editors
- Lectures pertaining to advanced research, proof analysis, writing, and editing
- Homework assignments and hands-on activities
- Welcome reception and group dinner
- Preparatory webinar and program webpage
Registrants to the program must meet the following prerequisites:
- Advanced level researchers
- Current members of NEHGS
- Have participated in an official extended research program at the NEHGS library (Come Home to New England and/or a Research Getaway Weekend)
Written cancellations received before May 1, 2018, will be subject to a $100 per person cancellation fee. No refund is possible after this date. Fees are based on group participation. There is no refund for services or portions of the tour not taken, or for participants who do not complete the tour.